Monday, November 16, 2015

Is This For Real?

Our Mission Photo – Can you find me?

Hola!

Crazy week – full of three exchanges! I didn’t see my companion for three days so talk about missionary withdrawals. Sister Flores came up here to Dodge with me on Wednesday and it was so windy and cold! But the amazing thing about it was that we saw so many miracles! The funniest quote of the day was by a random guy that we met that said that he read The Book of Mormon. We asked him what he felt as he read it and what he liked about it. His response, “The Mormon church is just too perfect!” What!? That makes no sense as to why he wouldn’t join the church then! My response, “So what’s holding you back from coming?” He wasn’t too open – but it makes no sense – he is totally right! The gospel is perfect!

A member’s friend came to the Halloween party and we couldn’t find a way to get in contact with her. By talking to other people about her, we found out that she cuts hair – perfect! If I get a haircut, she’ll have to talk with us. So, we made an appointment, and she was super nice and we had a good conversation about her family but she was not open to the message about the gospel – darn! Now, my hair looks like I have a mullet! Well, it was worth a try.

I was able to go to Hugoton and they had a very important lesson that day. Their investigator, who was supposed to be baptized this weekend, dropped them with a text message and they hadn’t been able to set up an appointment until exchanges. It was one of the coolest lessons ever! There was another recent convert that came with us and she bore a beautiful testimony. We helped her realize why these blessings were coming into her life at this time and why she can’t just go to any church but she needs to come to “THE” church. By the end of the lesson, she was smiling and realized that this is the right path and others were trying to lead her away from the true joy that she can receive. She is getting baptized a week from Saturday!

I got to go back to my hometown of Liberal – blessed land! Somehow I have bad luck (especially with hair this week) because the cutest autistic gal attacked my hair! She was pulling it and wouldn’t let go. Her parents had to come pry her off because I had no idea what to do. I just sat there – praying my mullet would still be there. It is hilarious to look back on now...

Another random thing of the week – someone stole our license plate! What? I about died laughing! A cop had to come and report it and we have been driving around without a plate since Saturday. We get our temporary tag today – too funny!

The Primary Program was yesterday and the kids were the cutest things ever! They sang the song, “We’ll Bring the World His Truth.” The kids sang the first verse, and then the Young Men and Women went up and sang the second verse with them, and then the missionaries went up and sang the third verse with them. Holy powerful! I struggled at singing because there was a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. The gospel is true! I am so grateful to have the opportunity to share the gospel with all those in which I come in contact with.

“The church is true, the book is blue.” – Hermana Adams

“In reality, the best way to help those we love – the best way to love them – is to continue to put the Savior first.” – Elder D. Todd Christofferson

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment