Monday, October 20, 2014

Welcome to Lamar - Sister Valdivia!

Hola!

The first week with Sister Valdivia was amazing and I know that this transfer is going to be awesome! Now I get to see how it really is to fully consecrate myself to the work. After exchanges this week – we were determined to still reach our standard goals – and so we worked hard and about doubled it in 4 days! We were able to get 4 new investigators in the first hour that we worked together. We didn't have any team-ups lined up yet we managed to get 7 member referrals. We had 2 of our investigators show up to church when we didn't know if anyone would show up. Angela actually showed up 40 minutes early! We taught 30 other lessons in 4 days – it was a miracle! We had so many miracles this week – it was such a faith builder. We just relied on the Lord and he provided the way. Lamar is growing in missionary work and I love it!

Sister Valdivia is seriously an awesome missionary and we have had so much fun this week! She was born in Mexico but moved to the U.S. when she was really little. She looks and talks just like Rachel Ray and she is gorgeous! I have used a whole lot more Spanish this week and I've learned a lot from her since she can correct me now.

Some fun things we did this week:

We gave Jake (dog) a bath this week because he smelled so bad! Sister Eirhart (a less-active) had knee surgery and hasn't been able to bathe him in a while. He reminded me so much of Bear except that Jake actually enjoyed the water and Bear hates it!

We got our palms read by some random guy that we talked to while visiting a less-active. It was pretty sweet and creepy at the same time. He told us that we were both good witches that had good powers. So, we told him that those powers were the Holy Ghost and that we received it when we were 8 years old. He said some other random stuff – but one thing that I remember is that he said that I am very close with my mom. I told him, "heck yeah – she's my best friend!"

Kassidy (a cute member girl that goes to LCC) got engaged this weekend! So, of course, Sister Valdivia and I went and stalked her getting engaged. We helped Abby and the fiancĂ© set up lights at a gazebo in town so we knew when and where it was going to take place. Abby is their photographer so she took all of their professional pictures and we were her sidekicks. Anyways – later that night – we hid behind a tree and recorded the whole thing. It was so cute and they are the cutest couple ever! Then, her fiancĂ© sang "I Stand All Amazed" in Spanish in Sacrament on Sunday and it was so awesome.

Scripture of the Week – Psalm 37:4
"Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment