Monday, October 13, 2014

Training Has Come To An End!

Hola!

Last Sunday our district made a song for the Kansas, Wichita Mission CD – boo yeah! I actually sang a song! Weird – but it was pretty sweet! Elder Liechty is really good at making music so he wrote the lyrics and Sister Moser wrote the chorus. When it comes out, I will send it home so ya'll can listen to it.

We went on exchanges this week with the STL's and loved it! I went with Sister Runia and she is one of the best missionaries that I have ever seen. She goes home this week so I was so glad to go out with her before she left. We saw so many miracles on exchanges – we were able to put Jesus on date and he has never accepted a date before with Sister Moser and me. Then, we went running in the morning and it felt so good to run!

Our miracle this week happened when we were at Linda’s (new investigator) house. This was our first real lesson with her and we were starting to teach her about the Restoration. Before we even talked about Joseph Smith, she stopped us and asked us one question, "my mother died – can you tell me where she is?" We loved the question! We switched right over to the Plan of Salvation and told her where her mom was and that she will be able to see her again someday. She began to tear up and said that she knew what we said was true. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted! She is on date for November 1st. Love her! Milagros!

I had my first quarterly interview with the President. It lasted about 3 minutes because there were a lot of missionaries waiting to talk to him. He is an awesome guy and he is so great! His wife is amazing, too! She is the cutest little thing you'll ever meet.

Lamar Garbage Day
Sniff hard and you can probably smell us!

We did service for Lamar Garbage Day. It happens twice a year – people put garbage that they don't want on the curb and volunteers go around and put it in a truck. This is the first time I have worn jeans on my mission! We had these pretty sweet bright orange vests as well so we looked pretty legit. We had two softball girls from the college with us in the truck and we all stunk! I swear one of the bags that we picked up had a dead skunk in it because it smelled terrible. Sister Moser had to wash off with ketchup because you could still smell it on her!

Transfers! I am staying in Lamar – boo yeah! My new companion is Sister Valdevia! I have not met her but I heard that she is super amazing and nice. She is a Spanish native so she will be able to help me with my Spanish! 

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

1 comment:

  1. I sniffed and sniffed the picture of you but I can't smell you! But, if it was anything like smelling your feet after your soccer game, you smelled pretty horrific!

    ReplyDelete