Monday, October 27, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Hermana Adams and Hermana Valdivia

Hola!

This week has been so awesome! We broke Sister Valdivia's record for new investigators found – we found 14 new investigators! I feel like part of my personality is coming back with Sister Valdivia because she is so much fun. She reminds me a lot of Lysje – so you can only imagine! We have been a lot more dedicated and focused lately – it is so great! I don't want to leave Lamar or Sister Valdivia. Nothing new is happening with the Sarmientos. Our investigators right now that are really progressing are Angela, Courtney, and Linda.

A funny thing happened – a less-active in our ward sent us a text that said, "For some reason, I am worried about both of you! Be very careful today while you are out and about okay!?" That is always comforting to hear, right? I love Sister Zeaman! Sister Valdivia and I cracked up about this text and now we are being careful – so no worries!

I'm becoming a true cowgirl out here in Lamar! Megan and Shanae (investigator and less-active) are students at the College for Rodeo and they taught us how to rope a heffer. It is harder than it looks and I looked pretty ridiculous while trying to figure it out.

This week we taught Angela about the Word of Wisdom and it went very well! Her daughter was there with us when we were talking to her about her cigarettes. We promised that she would receive help and we knew that she could quit smoking. Her daughter turned to her and said, "Mom – I know that you can do it." Sister Valdivia and I melted when she said this because the Spirit was so strong! She is on the road to baptism – whoot, whoot! After our lesson, she taught us how to make homemade tortillas and they were so good – lard and all!

We had exchanges this week here in Lamar (both STL's came to Lamar because we are so far away). Sister Judy and I came home for dinner and realized that we didn't have a key to the house and the other Sisters were in one of the outer towns. So what did we do – we broke in! We took out the screen on our front window – and as we were trying to push the window up – it just fell off. We got in pretty fast but it is not too comforting knowing that our house is so easy to break into. Sister Judy and I were dying of laughter!

"All you need is a little faith and trust – and a little bit of Pixie Dust!"

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment