Monday, September 22, 2014

Spiders...

Hola!

This week we had Sister's Conference! It was awesome! We drove over to Dodge, KS (about 3 hours away) and had the conference with the Sister Missionaries out here in the West part of the mission. It was so fun to meet other missionaries that I have not seen before and to see other missionaries that I have not seen in a while. Sister Bell (President's wife) was there and she is just the cutest thing ever. She is so full of energy and always has a smile on. We had three main speakers at this conference – one of the mission presidencies wives, a recent convert, and a return missionary. It was so sweet to hear all of their different views on the church and how the gospel has affected their lives. Missions change more lives than just the missionaries. I have loved the way that my mission has changed me so far.

There are so many spiders here! We came home one night and there was one of the biggest spiders I have ever seen crawling up the side of our house. So, what do we do? We caught it! It was literally the size of my palm. We put it in a little container and poked holes in the top so Mike (spider) could breath. Then, the next day at District Meeting, we took him with us and gave him to the Elders. The Elders are nicer than us and let him go in a field somewhere. Since that day – we have been haunted by spiders and we keep finding them in our house (but luckily they are not the size of Mike). One spider landed on my head while I was eating lunch! Disgusting... I think that Mike's little babies are just getting revenge on us.

This week showed me how truly important it is to have Institute. Sundays are not enough to fill our spiritual buckets. We have not been able to get in contact with Christina (our investigator) in a while, so we went over to her house right before Institute to try and get her to come with us. When we went over there, she was outside so we were able to talk to her. We convinced her to come although she really was not in the mood at all. She had a really hard week with a lot of family issues. We walked with her up to the church and then came after Institute to see how it went. She was beaming! She was so much happier and she was able to make friends with Johnathon (the Elder's investigator). She needed to fill the Spirit and it helped remind her that there is good here on Earth. She thanked us for making her go. Institute is so important and it really had an impact on the rest of our week. The bad news is – is that we have not been able to meet with Christina since so we had to drop her because there are other people for us to visit. So – hopefully she calls us – because we really do truly love her and want her to be baptized.

Yesterday – Sister Moser and I gave a talk in church on Honesty. I tried to quote the 13th Article of Faith for the first part of my talk. I thought that I could do it from memory but I forgot the ending. It was so embarrassing! So, I paused for a second at the pulpit, and then all of the cute little Primary kids from the congregation starting saying it. It was adorable! It made it less embarrassing because it was so cute that they were all actually listening and helped me out. It made it all worth making a fool of myself!

Scripture of the Week – Mosiah 23:10-11
10 Nevertheless, after much tribulation, the Lord did hear my cries, and did answer my prayers, and has made me an instrument in his hands in bringing so many of you to a knowledge of his truth.
11 Nevertheless, in this I do not glory, for I am unworthy to glory of myself.

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment