Monday, September 1, 2014

First Transfer in the Mish!

Hola!

First transfer – what!? I am still here in Lamar with Sister Moser  thank goodness! I am so glad that I get to stay here with these people longer because they mean so much to me. Our district leader (Elder Godfrey) is leaving and it is so sad! He is my "papa" in the mission. But he is on to another adventure as a zone leader! Transfers are really sad because a lot of missionaries leave your zone, but new missionaries come in and you are able to meet new people so I am really excited for that.

My Zone P-Day

We had a HUGE rainstorm last week. It was dumping buckets of water! We had to run to the store to grab something and we got soaked from just the car to the store. The streets were filled with water and we hydroplaned a couple of times – it was awesome! A lot of houses flooded. We were at the Ortiz's house for dinner and Kevin (dad) decided that he should check their basement during dinner because a lot of other homes were being flooded. Well, their basement was definitely flooded. So, right after dinner we went to work on the flooding, dresses and all! Their son’s room was down there and it was like a teenager’s room – lots of garbage and clothes on the floor. Everything was wet. We used a little vacuum thing to vacuum up the water and we put all the garbage in the trash and the wet clothes in the laundry. The carpet was ruined so we ripped it up. It was actually really fun but it was really disgusting! We were able to clean everything up as best as we could. After that, we went straight home (it was 9:00 pm already) and washed everything that we had on and took a shower because we were disgusting!

I had my 6 week conference call this week! Well, they told us the call was at 1:00 pm so we were ready at 1:00 pm. But…we are on a different time zone so we missed it! Oh well, they understood. Now we know so next time we can be ready.

We rode bikes for the first time this week! I didn't have a bike and Sister Moser's bike is broken, so we borrowed the Elder’s bikes for the day. We actually only rode them for like a half of a mile so that wasn't bad at all. The only downside is the whole hair situation – thank goodness for ponytails. On Zone P-Day, I bought a sister’s bike that was going home so now I have my own bike! I am excited because I miss riding my bike. But, I don't think Sister Moser is too excited about riding bikes.

One of the miracles this week was that we were over at a less active’s home (Zariciah) teaching her about service. Her neighbor came over to bring her kids over to play – and when she walked in – she looked really uncomfortable. She asked us if she could sit in on the lesson and of course we said yes! She listened to the lesson and started to be a little more comfortable. When we finished talking to Zariciah – Christina (the girl that walked in) – said that she could tell something was different as soon as she walked in. She said that she had never felt that way before and that it was such a happy feeling. We explained to her that it was the Holy Ghost and that she could have the Holy Ghost with her always if she did the things that the Lord commanded. Christina has been really having a hard time, especially with drugs, and she now has a desire to change. We invited her to church the next day and she came! She brought all of her kids and she stayed the whole time. It was a miracle! The Spirit truly does testify to others that this is the restored gospel and that Christ lives. Christina didn't even know what we were talking about when she walked in but she could feel it. What an amazing experience!

This is our experience from last night (Sister Moser wrote it)…
Now this experience is not supposed to scare anyone...but we were driving home to Lamar and we had just gotten out of Holly which is about 30 minutes away and all the roads are two way roads and the speed limit is 70 mph. Sister Adams and I were having a good talk and listening to music when this car started coming straight at us in our lane – head first! Well, we both sat there kind of nervous about what to do but luckily this car barely missed us. I had to swerve out of the way but there was this barrier on the other side and I didn’t want to hit it and I remember saying in my head, "Lord, I don’t know what I am supposed to do." Instantly, I felt as though the car was driving itself. I watched this car barely hit the side of our car and we drove away without any damage. I then realized that if that car hit us it would have taken our lives due to our speed. Now I have never been faced with a car coming at me head on and there were several things that went through my head. It confirmed to me of my testimony of the Plan of Salvation. All will be well when we put our trust in the Lord. Even if it was my time to go, I know that everything would be as it was supposed to be. I am grateful for the Spirit and its comfort. I know that TJ was there to help us because there is no way that we should have not been hit!

Jacob 6:12 (Our Mission President’s Favorite Scripture)
"O be wise; what can I say more?"

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment