Monday, July 14, 2014

Week Five In Paradise (Home Stretch To Kansas)

Hola!

You have no idea how ready I am for Kansas. I love the CCM, but I am ready to move on into the real world. I love the food, my native people, this place, and my companions – but not going to lie – I am excited to only have to study 3 hours a day. I love Mexico, but I do not like being in an 8 foot fence. I want to be in the city and eat tacos from a taco stand. I can´t wait to be in Kansas!

This week was the same as the previous weeks, lots of studying and lots of food!

The Hermanas and Elders that got here a week before us all left yesterday and today and it was so sad because we were so close with them. They are going to be awesome missionaries! It is crazy to think that that is going to be me in one week  I am so excited! Speaking of that, they are letting us email on Monday and we get our travel plans later today.

One of the Elders in our district has been super sick and they think that he has pneumonia. He is on his way to the hospital right now to get an x-ray of his lungs or something like that, so please keep him in your prayers. His name is Elder Reynolds.

During one lunch, there was a Hermana who was telling us her conversion story; this is a little bit of it:
She is from Colorado and she was dating a guy pretty seriously until she went off to college. Well, after she went to college, she would still come home every weekend to go to church with him. Her parents were strong Catholics and didn’t really approve of her going to church, but she did anyway because she really liked this boy. Well, after a year of going to church with her boy, he asked if she wanted to take the missionary discussions and she said, “Yes.” After the first discussion, the missionaries invited her to be baptized (as they should have), and she agreed. Her parents hated this thought and they kicked her out of their house, so she went and lived with a member in her ward for a couple of months. During these months she just worked and saved up money to buy a car so that she could move to Utah. When she got the money, she bought a car and moved to Utah, where she didn’t know anyone. Once she got to Utah, she just worked so that she could save up enough money so she could serve a mission. “She met some wonderful people and was blessed so much”, she said. Well, it has been a year and one month since her baptism, and she is here at the CCM! We asked her how she was able to handle it and she said, "Yeah, a lot of bad things happened to me, but to every bad thing that happened about 20 good things happened."
What an example! Sorry – that wasn’t the best explanation – but she is amazing and the Spirit was so strong when she was telling us her story. I wish you all could have been there to listen. The gospel changes and blesses lives!

My scripture and theme of the week is John 13:17  "If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them."

I love this quote by Harold B. Lee  "Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you."

I love being a missionary!
Misionera Amor

No comments:

Post a Comment