Monday, July 21, 2014

Last Week In Paradise (I'm Off To See The Wizard!)

I LOVE MY DISTRICT!
Sorry for the ugly hair – this was my hair dilemma day with no water and shampoo in my hair...

Hola!

The day has finally come! I am so excited to be off to Kansas. I have loved the CCM so much but I am so ready to go. I feel weird being here today because the majority of the missionaries left this morning, including Hermana Ballard. Man, I am really going to miss that girl!

This week is the 24th of July, yeah! I hope everyone is able to enjoy it.

Elder Reynolds found out that he has bronchitis, but he is feeling a lot better now. Thanks so much for everyone’s prayers. He is in LA right now, so good luck to him and his mission adventures.

I don't know what I do, but my luck is not the best. Last week, I was showering in the morning and the water got shut off and I still had shampoo in my hair! The rumor was that a bomb went off or something by our water tanks, but who knows if it is true. So, I had to try and rinse out the shampoo with the little water that was dripping. So, I put my hair up the rest of the day because it was “no bueno” (not good). Then, a little while later the power went out, so it was just a great day to be getting ready. But all is great now, we have power and water!

I am truly going to miss all of the people here. On Saturday while we were packing up our stuff, other Hermanas from our district came and heart-attacked our door. It was so sweet! They wrote little notes of how much they are going to miss us and stuff – love them! Other Hermanas wrote us little notes and stuff, so we felt really special and loved. Gotta love being a missionary!

We got our first real baptism! Well...kinda. We were teaching real investigators two weeks ago, but they actually already had a baptismal date. But anyways, they got baptized on Saturday and our teacher – Hermano Palma – was able to baptize them. He said it was an amazing experience and that they were all so happy. Even though we did not really have too much of an impact on their baptism, we could feel their Spirit as we were teaching them.

We have amazing teachers here! For our going away party on Saturday, they brought us REAL Mexico tacos from the outside world. Man – they were so good! Now, I crave real tacos all the time and the stuff in the CCM does not even compare. But the food here is still really good.

When we say bye to people now, we just say "hasta eternidad" (until eternity). It is so sad but so true. All of these missionaries are going to be awesome. I can’t wait to see them in Heaven and ask them how their experience was.

My scripture of the week is D&C 4:3-4 – "Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work; For behold the field is white already to harvest..."


Kansas here I come!  I can’t wait to see the beautiful wheat fields...

Misionera Amor
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment