Monday, June 29, 2015

I’m Getting Into Dodge

Hola!

It was so sad to leave Wichita but Dodge City is so much fun! We got fed four times my last day in Wichita – holy cow – I was about to explode! We had breakfast, lunch, and two dinners. Also, we had the opportunity to have a brand new missionary come out with us for the day and it was so cool. She had so much fire and enthusiasm so we were able to see a lot of miracles! Hermana Dahl is such an amazing missionary – she is going to tear it up in Wichita and wherever she goes.

Darcie was a miracle baptism! I was so sad that I wasn’t there for Maria Guzmans baptism but it was such a comfort to get to meet Darcie. She stopped all of the Word of Wisdom issues that she was struggling with and made a way every Sunday to come to church. After her baptism, she had a little bit of water in her ear and she said, “It’s alright, I will be able to take a little bit with me when I leave” – it was so cute! I have never seen her this happy before and she is one of the bubbliest people that I have ever met! I love her and I am so excited for her – she will be a light to all those around her.

It is so amazing to serve with Sister Valdivia again! It is so cool to realize the growth that we have both made in the couple of transfers that we were apart. She was a stellar missionary when I was with her before and now she is a complete powerhouse! It is so fun to be out here in the West with “my people” again. Also, it is not as hot here because there isn’t as much humidity – whoot, whoot! There has been so many miracles that have taken place and the Lord’s hand is in everything that has been done. I love being a missionary and I love serving here in the great flat plains!

Fun Fact: The Mormon Message “Power of God” is about a family in our ward here in Dodge. The older couple in the end is the sweetest couple you will ever meet! They have 10 kids and over 60 grandchildren – love them!

“God knows what is best for us. Although we may not understand why we experience some things now, in his timetable we will know and be grateful. He has promised to help us with our burdens.” – Elder Richard G. Scott

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment