Monday, May 25, 2015

Holy Spanish!

Hola!

It was so hard to say goodbye to the people in Liberal! You would never think that you would come to love a place in such a short amount of time – but you do! Elder McKellar was going home (end of his mission) and so the Oman’s had a going away party for him the night before we all left. It was so much fun to be there with a lot of the ward members and Andy even came! There was a lot of good food and especially good company. The last person that we said bye to was Uncle Gary! It was more of a “hasta luego” because I will get to see them both next year – and it will be inside the temple! Whoot, Whoot!

Wichita is beautiful – holy cow, I was amazed! It has been raining quite a bit and there are so many trees here – I would not mind living here. There are church buildings within 15 minutes of each other and that was shocking to me. The Spanish Branch is fantastic! Although the branch is few in number, they are large in Spirit. What I was amazed with is how many of the Hispanics also speak English, so we still do speak quite a bit of English.

I was sitting by these two adorable girls during Sacrament and my companion was sitting by another family. The Branch President got up at the beginning of the meeting and announced what was going to take place. I was trying so hard to figure out all that he was saying and then I heard my name – my heart dropped! I didn’t understand everything that he said but I could kind of get that he wanted me to get up and bear my testimony. My companion wasn’t right next to me so I couldn't ask her so I had to rely on these two cute little girls and ask them what he said. I thankfully understood him right and was able to bear my simple Spanish testimony and all was well. But – Holy Spanish! It is so fun though – the cute little ladies are adorable and they just show so much love for everyone. 

We got a text from a gal named Maria (Maria is officially the most common name). She was a previous investigator that the Sisters had been working with and she asked if we could go visit her. When we went to see her, she had previously been having a rough time but things were all falling into place and she knew that she needed to go back to the church. It was a miracle! 

“Daydreaming of the past and longing for the future may provide comfort but will not take place of living in the present. This is the day of our opportunities, and we must grasp it.” – President Thomas S. Monson

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment