Monday, May 4, 2015

Elder Holland!

Hola!

There is a gal in our ward here who is a fantastic seamstress so we have been going over to her house on P-Days and have been making a dress. We just finished cutting everything out last week so I will let you know how it goes!

We were on bikes last week! On our way to an appointment, this lady pulled over into a driveway so we stopped to talk with her. It turns out that she stopped to help a little boy find his way home that was riding his bike out in the street. She was in a hurry so she gave us her phone number and address. She accidentally gave us her parents address – and so when we went over to see her – we met her parents. Her dad had a bad experience at his previous church about a year before and he had a feeling that he should try the church thing again. It was so fun because he called in his younger son to come and listen to the lesson and he loved all that he heard! Then, we were able to get the address of the gal’s house (Irene) that we had originally talked with and she also took the gospel really well! No coincidences there!

Last transfer, we met a family at the park while we were waiting for Luis and we didn't have any luck trying to contact them since. But this last week, we were driving past their house and had the impression to stop. It turns out that it wasn't the same people that we met at the park – it was the wrong address. But, the family that lived there was very interested. She loves how much focus is on families – especially because her kids are having a hard time right now.

Elder Holland came to Kansas and he is absolutely amazing! He is a lot shorter than I thought that he would be but he is even greater than I could ever imagine! Our mission all met in Wichita so we had to sleep over at the Dodge City Sisters’ apartment Friday night. We left at 5:15 am on a bus to travel across the state. It was so much fun to see all of the missionaries! Having served my whole mission in the West, I got to see a lot of new faces and reunite with missionaries that I had served around. But, as we were all sitting in the chapel waiting, the Spirit was instantly felt when Elder Holland walked into the building and we hadn't even seen him yet! I can’t describe the feelings that were felt but I do know that he is called as an Apostle of the Lord. He shook each missionary’s hand and looked them straight into their eyes – talk about heart pounding! Looking into his eyes you can tell that he sees like Christ does and that the veil is very thin for him. He had so many wonderful things to say but the things that I learned the most was what was not said. It was especially amazing to see him as others are speaking. Also, he came down off the stage when he was talking to us and he stood most of the time within arm’s reach right in front of me! I was sitting on the edge of my seat so I could have easily touched him but I kept reverent. He actually kissed the Elder that was in front of me and it was hilarious! He also slapped my District Leader – Elder Maisey. It is so good to know that Apostles definitely have a great sense of humor and they have fun! Some scriptures that he focused on were John 3-4 and Ephesians 6. One thing that was really sweet that he said was that we are the “symbols” of the church. Since we don’t really have any symbols, most people know our church as two missionaries. Also, the sacrament is the only ordinance that we do more than once for ourselves. I learned so many things from him! I can testify that he is called of God and that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the Earth.

Ephesians 6:19-20…
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

“…not going to lie, I am still on Team Ethan!” – Hermana Adams

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment