Monday, March 30, 2015

Lego Temple

Hola!

We now have to share the car with the Elders so we are on bikes half of the time – I love it – especially with the beautiful weather that we have had. But, this week we were at an appointment that was clear across town – and on our way home for the night – it started to rain so we got pretty wet! It was hilarious though and we couldn't stop laughing. Another good thing that helmets are good for is keeping your hair dryer than if you weren't wearing one!

We had Sister’s Conference this week and it was so much fun! We started it out with Yoga and it was so funny to see a bunch of Sister Missionaries trying to be flexible and do Yoga. Then, we had some amazing speakers and training sessions.


Hermana Moser and Hermana Adams

This was the last time that I got to see my trainer, Sister Moser, before she goes home. She goes home this week – boy time flies! She is super excited and nervous at the same time. She has grown so much over the course of her mission and I am so proud of her.

I don't know if you remember April at all, but she moved out to Topeka with her son and is planning on seeing the missionaries out there. This week, we stopped by to visit her mom and see how she was doing. This was the first time that we were able to have a solid lesson with just June (her mom). We talked to her about The Plan of Salvation and it brought tears to her eyes to know that her family members that have passed on are still learning just like she is. I am so grateful for The Plan of Salvation and the knowledge to know what our purpose here on this life is and to know that we will be with our families forever if we follow the gospel path.

We did service on Saturday at a Lego Robotics Competition – it was so much fun! It reminded me of my “Mathlete” days. These kids built robots out of Legos and then ran them through all of these courses. We directed the people where they needed to go and talked to a bunch of kid geniuses. My favorite group we talked with was from Campo, CO (actually in the Lamar area). The gal told me that they are looking for a math teacher and they are pretty desperate. So, they would take me just with my Associate's Degree and hire me on while I finished my Bachelor’s Degree. I thought that was hilarious! It would be sweet to be in the Lamar Ward again, but Campo has a population of about 150 people.

Gary came to church on Sunday and it was his first time ever coming to church! All of the missionaries spoke in Sacrament so we hope that he learned something. He booked it out of there as soon as Sacrament ended so he would beat the rush. Sister Webb and I ran after him to see what he thought. He was smiling and said it was “nice” (coming from Gary – that was a really good compliment).

Luis received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday – whoot, whoot!

“We may live in different countries and cultures, but as women our purpose is the same. And that unity and Spirit is needed in this day.” – Sister Rosemary M. Wixom

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment