Monday, January 12, 2015

Life in Liberal!

Hola!

Saying bye to the Hicks was not fun but we made the most out of it. David was scheduled to work but he worked it out with his manager so he could go in later so that he could be there to say bye before I left. Sister Valdivia and I bought pizzas and we all had dinner together. The Hicks gave me a beautiful angel statue and that of course made me cry. This was such a tender time to spend with them and I love them with all my heart and I am truly going to miss them. Although the night was filled with food, fun, and tears – I know that I will definitely see them again. Road trip!


This is our little cottage house!

I love Liberal! Gotta love all of those “L” places – Layton, Logan, Lamar, and now Liberal. We have a house here so let’s just say that we are definitely spoiled even though the tree in the front yard and all of the trees in the back are gone now and we definitely do not have any grass or tulips. It looks more ghetto now! Also, we are now driving a Chevy Cruze – how ironic – but I love our car and I still love my Chevy Cobalt. The bishop here is AMAZING! He bought us gym passes which we are definitely going to need because we get fed a TON! Some days we have more than one dinner because all of the members love feeding the missionaries. Gotta love it!

We have an investigator named Bobby – he is awesome! He reminds me so much of my brother Chaz because he is a really skinny guy with a little kid personality. But Bobby has changed dramatically. The missionaries have been working with him for about 3 months. He HATED missionaries and now he invites us over almost every day. He did everything – I mean everything against the Word of Wisdom and now he is just trying to quit smoking. The other day he sent us a text message and said, “It is two degrees with a wind chill and I have not had any coffee – this better be worth it!” His text messages always make us laugh. He even used to have a long beard but he shaved it all off and actually wore a suit to church. His whole image has definitely changed – gotta love the gospel! Bobby has a wife and a cute little boy named Roger. His family also includes many other animals – one being a dog named Bear (ironic) and a snake. Yesterday, I held his snake! I came to realize that snakes are definitely not my favorite animals but I did hold it!

There are so many awesome members here! The Hartleys are definitely one of my favorites. I just barely met them and they are already like family. The water here made Sister Delos Santos really sick so the Hartleys gave us some special magic water that works miracles. It has something to do with pH values (whatever that means). There are many other awesome people here and they are so pumped up for missionary work.

I love my new companion! Sister Delos Santos is awesome – she is so close to the Spirit – and she knows how to have fun. She is from Syracuse, UT and went to Layton High School (LHS). She played soccer for LHS so we have played against each other and didn’t even know it. She is Samoan and Hawaiian – so she is beautiful – and she has some sweet Hawaiian things (including a ukulele).

NEWS FLASH – They are switching Liberal, KS to a Spanish speaking area only! They white-washed all of the English speaking Elders here and left Sister Delos Santos with me to try and help the new Spanish speaking missionaries get to know the area. So, that is why I have an English companion for now. I think it is pretty cool that I get to help open up a new Spanish speaking area – GAME ON!

“I won't give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ.” – President Henry B. Eyring

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment