Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Years!

Hola!

It has been snowing! The ground is actually white – yay! We were on our way home from a member’s house and the Elders were following us. They slid off the dirt road into a little ditch. It was so funny! There wasn't much that we could do – but Elder Blaylock somehow got the front end out – and the rest of us sat on the front of the car and it somehow got out. Sister Valdivia and I were dying of laughter – and luckily – everyone and the cars were okay. Mama, it is a good thing to keep a little shovel in the back of the car if you know what I mean!?

We have been visiting with a less-active named Angie who just recently moved here from Las Vegas. She has been having many problems at home so we met her at the church for a lesson. We were in the chapel and had a very spiritual lesson on the Plan of Salvation. Then, she came to all 3 hours of church! This was the first time that she stayed for all 3 hours. Later on Sunday night – we got a call from her and she told us how she had Googled things about The Book of Mormon and You-Tubed some videos (this is never good). We rushed over to her house and we were able to testify of the Holy Ghost and how she can know if The Book of Mormon is true. She told us that she will continue to fast and pray about it. We love her and know that the Spirit will testify to her of the truthfulness of the gospel.

Transfers! I am going to Liberal, KS with Sister Delos Santos. Yay! She is a bomb missionary and I am going to learn so much from her. Sister Delos Santos is an English missionary and the ward in Liberal is English as well but I truly know that the Lord is placing me where I need to be right now. I would love to be in a Spanish area but I guess I am needed elsewhere. Liberal is where Dorothy's house is on the Wizard of Oz and I can't think of a better first place to serve in Kansas. I have LOVED Lamar – and I am so sad to leave – but I know that many adventures are waiting for me in Liberal.


“Always an Adventure!”

“At the advent of a new year, I challenge Latter-day Saints everywhere to undertake a personal, diligent, significant quest for what I call the abundant life – a life filled with an abundance of success, goodness, and blessings.” – President Thomas S. Monson

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment