Monday, August 18, 2014

The Yellow Brick Road

Hola mi familia y amigos!

Last week I gave a little talk in Sacrament Meeting and this week we sang with the Young Women because they didn't have very many there. This week at Sacrament Meeting was amazing! We have been working with many less active members of the ward this week and it truly is paying off. I have never seen so many people here at church in Lamar! The Hicks came and had their baptismal interview and they all walked out of their interviews with beaming smiles on their faces. Next Sunday is their baptism - awesome!!!! This is my first baptism! I don’t know how to explain it, but it warms my soul (cheesy, but true) when people accept the gospel and change their lives.

I saw the sweetest chick fight this week! We were having a meal at Abby's house and all of a sudden we heard screaming outside. We all ran to the window and Abby's sister and her friend were going at it. The friend hopped in her car to drive away and Abby's sister went over to talk with her. The friend grabbed Abby's sister's hair and started reversing! I thought that she was going to get run over but luckily they were both okay. It was just not something that I was expecting during our lovely meal.

It was Sister Ortiz's (recent convert in December 2013) birthday last Thursday so we made cupcakes for her on Monday (P-Day). We thought that they would be rock hard by Thursday so we just kept them in the fridge – and by some miracle – they were still delicious on Thursday. Who would have guessed!? We also put a little "care package" together for her present. Their family is dear to my heart! They don't have much but they sure do take care of us missionaries.


I SAW MY FIRST TORNADO!
Well, it was actually a "Dust Devil". Really lame...but it was better than nothing.

We went to a Mission President Devotional in Liberal, Kansas on Sunday and it was amazing! It was 3 hours away and that is a lot of driving! Zariciah (our recent convert) took us and we had a fun little road trip. Of course, we had road trip treats and lots of church music.


Dorothy's House in Liberal, KS

Liberal, Kansas is where they filmed part of “The Wizard of Oz” and so they have the original house and everything there. We got to Liberal a little early so we went and saw the house. It was so fun! We literally only had 5 minutes to spend there but now I feel like I am a real Kansas missionary now that I have seen Dorothy's house. Fun, Fun, Fun!

This quote by Dennis C. Gaunt was in the Ensign this month and I absolutely loved it:
When we “act upon this land as for years,” we begin to recognize opportunities we may not have seen before. We may also see that some of these opportunities may never come our way again. Then we think, “As long as I’m here, I’m going to get involved, do the best I can, and choose to be happy. I’ll continue to hope for the future, but in the meantime, let me do some good here.” It’s the difference between treading water and actually swimming.

Love y'all…

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment