Monday, June 23, 2014

Week Two In Paradise

Kansas Wichita Mission Logo

Hola!

We are in the rainy season here in Mexico so it basically rains every night, I love it! It usually doesn't rain during the day, so that is good. At night we are usually soaked by the time we run from our building to our casa. Not going to lie it it pretty humorous watching a bunch of missionaries running in skirts and ties.


I love being in a trio, and I love my companions! I have been so blessed, because some other missionaries are really struggling in their companionships. Every morning I always have to remind my companions to put on deodorant and their name tag, those are our two mandatory things before we walk out of the door. With having three of us, especially three girls, we spend a lot of time in the bathroom. One of us always has to go, so it gives us a little study break.


I was studying from my English scriptures and I found Bear hair in them. Most people would think this is gross, but it reminded me of my boy and how much I miss him.

My mission scripture is now Proverbs 28:25 (...he that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be made fat.). Gracias tortillas! My testimony has grown so much over the past two weeks and because of this scripture, so has my body.

I love the native missionaries and talking to them! They all want to learn English and so they love talking to the other missionaries with their broken Spanish. They only stay here about a week, so a lot of them that I was close to just left, it was so sad. One of them convinced my companions and I to eat a lime plain, skin and all. We put salt on it so it wasn't too bad, but the skin was disgusting.

We got new missionaries in our branch so we aren't too small anymore, but they are all in the intermediate Spanish group and so their Spanish is a lot better than ours. We all felt really dumb, but I think it will be a great motivator for us.

I sang in a choir!! It was for our devotional on Sunday and I was the person in charge of making everyone stand up, it was sweet. The song was in Spanish, but it really was a neat experience.

We eat some random stuff here. One morning they had chicken fingers on salad for breakfast, random. Another morning they had pink tamales! They looked pretty sweet, they had jelly in the middle.

My companion Hermana Ballard has been sick and so we went to the doctor this week and I am not going to lie, it was a little old fashioned. They still took her temperature with Mercury in her armpit, so I was just glad that the thermometer did not break. She is feeling a lot better now, so that is good.

There are only four missionaries here going to Kansas, my companion and I and a companionship of Elders. We have been practicing our country-Spanish accent and it is turning out pretty well. An Elder said that I almost convinced him that I was from the south, best compliment yet.

Our methane gas alarm went off this morning in our casa and it was pretty scary. We did not know what it was, so we were just running around looking for a fire. But luckily we had the spirit with us and realized that we should probably open the door and windows so we wouldn't die. We are all still alive, so life is good!

Misionera amor

No comments:

Post a Comment