Tuesday, June 10, 2014

First Day - Travel to the CCM

Hola!

I made it! It has been a super long day and I am exhausted, but it has been awesome! I have met so many wonderful missionaries, we were all lost and confused all together, so I didn't feel as dumb.

Now I can say that I have been to Texas! We weren't able to go outside or anything, but there was like an Asian festival going on at the airport so that was exciting. There was a flight going out to Hong Kong and so they were having a big celebration with food, dancing, and music. Well the dancing was actually the lizard-looking costumes like in Mulan. So we went and checked it out.

I had my first missionary opportunity on my way to Mexico! My seat was right by an Elder and we were talking to one of the flight attendants and he was asking us all about why we were all dressed up. He sounded so shocked when we told him what we were doing. He seemed really interested and the Elder and I were so sad that we didn't have a Book of Mormon to give him, but now we learned our lesson. When he came by to give us drinks he let us choose a snack from a container full of food, so you get blessed when you do missionary work. Thank goodness we got food though, because we were all starving! We haven't really had a real meal yet, so boy am I excited for tacos tonight!

Well lucky me, I don't have to shower tonight. One of my bags is still in Utah and it happens to be the one with my toiletry stuff in it. Of all the 18 missionaries, mine was the only one that got lost. It was funny because when I was trying to find my bag a guy working at the airport came up and asked me what my last name was and told me that they forgot to put my bag on the plane and I thought he was joking, but he wasn't. So, hopefully I will have my bag tomorrow about noon he said.

The CCM (Mexico MTC) is beautiful!! I had to get a shot as soon as I got here, but it was okay because they gave me a sucker afterwards. I have had so much fun down here already and I really haven't done much. But, I am now officially wearing my badge - "Hermana Adams" is my name and missionary work is my game.

My companions just got here to the CCM, so I get extra time on the computer. I am in a trio! One of my companion's name is Hermana Ballard and she is from Idaho (going to LA), and the other one is Hermana Shumway and she is from Arizona (Kansas, whew!). They both seem like pretty awesome girls and they sound like a lot of fun. I have been with Hermana Ballard for 15 minutes and she has already convinced me to go into the guys bathroom (on accident). The door didn't say whether it was a guy or girls room, so she just told me to go in. It was definitely a guys room, but thank goodness there was nobody in there. But some other missionaries saw me walk out.

We also had our first meal, I had no idea what kind of meat it was, but I was too hungry to care. I also managed to get through customs with food in my bag, so I won't be starving in between meals. I'm just glad that I wasn't the random bag they checked, the sister in front of me got checked. Phew!

My P-day is on Tuesdays, so the next time you will hear from me will be then!

PS. I might need a bigger everyday bag...

Siempre Una Aventura - Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment