Monday, August 31, 2015

Bed Bugs...

Hola!

Yep – it is official – we had bed bugs and it was the worst thing ever! I have slept without a pillow for a week straight – but no worries – I get it back today. They could have been a lot worse but we were able to catch them soon enough. I just had a line of bites on my neck leading down my right arm – joy! The funny thing is  that night we washed all of our stuff and got new cover things and everything. We had four of the Sisters sleep over in our apartment for interviews the next day. They were all nervous but it all worked out!

Ashley’s and Brenda’s baptisms were yesterday and they are such valiant young girls! They are such sweethearts and were so nervous to be in a big white suit. We just told them that they were angels and they accepted it. It was a big family celebration and their mom made “bomb” empanadas. The girls received their cute CTR rings that they wore for the rest of the day. Even Olivia, their younger sister who was already baptized, got one. The girls, Sister Eyre and I all match now with our CTR rings. That night we had a Mission President’s devotional in Garden City and the three girls came. Ashley even shared her testimony in front of everyone! Did I mention that she is only 11!? Yeah – talk about stellar!

At the Mission President’s devotional, I saw Andy Lovato from Liberal! Oh my goodness, I just about cried when I saw him there. One of the first things he said to me was that he is going to be baptized this Saturday (he hadn’t told many people this). The whole devotional I had to hold back tears because I couldn’t stop thinking about Andy and how excited I was for him. It is official – he is going to be in the Bishopric one day – he just needs to get wet!

So, when I met these two young less-active members here in Dodge, I may have faked an English accent. At the end of the lesson, I told them that I was joking and we have had a bond ever since. Yesterday at church, they came and told us that they wanted us to meet their friend from Trinidad who has a real accent. After church we went over to meet him and we were supposed to talk in our accents but my Southern accent kept coming back. Anyways, their friend was so sweet and so prepared! He accepted The Book of Mormon like a champ and he has so many great morals without even knowing the gospel. It is amazing what a little fake accent can do!

“As a result of the many miracles in our lives, we should be more humble and more grateful, more kind and more believing. When we are personal witnesses to these wonders which God performs, it should increase our respect and love for him; it should improve the way we behave. We will live better and love more if we will remember that. We are miracles in our own right, every one of us, and the resurrected Son of God is the greatest miracle of all. He is, indeed, the miracle of miracles, and every day of his life he gave evidence of it. We should try to follow after him in that example.” – Howard W. Hunter

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment