Monday, April 13, 2015

It is in our Eyes and Smiles!

 A Little Taste of Beautiful Kansas!

Hola!

I had such a wonderful 20th birthday! I still feel like I am 15 years old – and when others ask me how old I am – I tell them to guess and they say, “Umm...15?” I don’t know which is worse – others thinking that I am 15 or being out of my teenage years. They see me driving so I should at least look 16, right!? The whole day was wonderful though! We had Zone Training and it was so fantastic! We have the best Zone – I love the West! I had plenty of desserts for the big day – the members and others took great care of me. I had brownies, ice cream, cheesecake, and two different cakes! Sister Hartley is a sweetheart and took us out to Ruffino's which is one of the nicest restaurants here in town.

Uncle Gary and Sister Hittle

The best part of the day was finishing off the day with Uncle Gary and Sister Hittle. After the lesson, they said, “Wait, we have a surprise for you.” They brought out a cake with 20 candles and Gary handed me the most heartfelt card. It had a picture of a dog that took a bite out of the cake and he signed it “Uncle Gary.” I just started calling him Uncle Gary because I feel like he is family and it just stuck. His baptism is on May 2nd!

A random spiritual moment yesterday at church...
I was talking to Gary about his blessing before class and this was our conversation: Gary said, “You won’t ever give up, will you?” I turned to him and said, “Nope and that is what families are for.” He had the biggest smile and it was the most amazing feeling ever! I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary and to help and invite others to come unto Christ. Families are central to God’s plan for us and they are the only way that we can gain exaltation. I also know that we were put in families to help receive strength and guidance and I am indeed grateful for my family. My family consists of more than just my parents, brothers, and Bear – we are all brothers and sisters.

We had an Easter Fireside this week at the church about the Atonement. There were 3 parts to it – the suffering in Gethsemane, being crucified on the Cross, and the Resurrection. Andy (investigator) came to it and he was taking notes the whole time! There were many tears shed at this Fireside because of the Spirit that was felt because of the perfect love that our Savior has for us. Earlier this week, Andy shared with us an experience that he had when he was out golfing. His friends offered him a beer and he said, “No!” In the back of his mind he thought, "If I want to be a Mormon, I can’t drink.” For Andy, this is huge! He is still searching for his answer but he is acting on faith – and because of his works – the answer will come!

Sister Webb was sick this week so I have been reading more from the book “The Continuous Atonement” by Brad Wilcox:
  • “In reality, our willingness to plod along here on earth doesn't earn us points in Heaven, but helps us become Heavenly.”
  • “Knowledge is of little worth unless it is acted upon.”
“There is a better and higher motivation ... that is above and beyond self-discipline, well beyond sheer willpower and dogged determination. It is a motivation born of the spirit. One that comes to us as a result of a change of heart.” – Robert L. Millet

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment