Monday, November 17, 2014

Let It Snow!

Hola!

Transfers are next week and I should know where I am going on Monday! I am pretty sure that I am leaving Lamar which is such a bitter-sweet feeling. I love it here and I love the people, but I am ready for some new adventures and more Spanish opportunities.

It was about 70 degrees last Monday and I was in a short sleeve shirt – and then that night – it dropped to 30 degrees and snowed! Ever since then it has been pretty cold. We only got about 2 inches – but since it is so cold – it all stayed on the ground. The people here think that this is a ton of snow and that it was a blizzard. I wish they could see Utah during a blizzard because they would all be amazed! The snow is so great! Sister Valdivia and I got our Christmas sweaters at the Rummage Shop on Main Street and we look pretty scary in them.

Elder Schwitzer of the Second Quorum of the Seventy came to Kansas and spoke at our Mission Conference. He talked a lot about the Book of Mormon and showed us some evidence of the history of it. Let's just say that my mind was blown and I don't know how to explain what he said. All I know is that the Book of Mormon is true and I know that it has truly blessed my life. At the end of the Mission Conference, they gave every missionary a copy of the Book of Mormon and a red and green marking pencil. They extended an invitation to us to read the Book of Mormon by Christmas and mark everything that talks about the Atonement and Jesus Christ in red and everything that talks about faith in green. I started this challenge on Saturday morning and it has been awesome! The Book of Mormon is the best!!

We had an appointment this week with a less-active who lives in an apartment complex. As we were walking to her door, we saw a teenage girl walking with no coat and it was freezing outside. So, we just said, "It is pretty cold isn't it?" She was really friendly and started talking to us inside the building. It turns out that she is the less-active’s niece who was visiting for the weekend and will move to Lamar in December. We talked to her about the Book of Mormon and how the gospel can bless her life. She loved it! She said that she was looking for a church and that she believes that everything – including the Book of Mormon – is true. She is on date for baptism on the 24th of December. That night she read the Book of Mormon to her little brother because he gets night terrors and she knew that the Book of Mormon would help him to not be afraid. We had an extra coat in the car that we had been given so we gave it to her so she wouldn't be as cold outside in the freezing cold.

We had the Primary program in church yesterday – those kids are adorable! We participated in the program and sang the 2nd verse of “I Stand All Amazed” in Spanish with three other men from our ward who went on Spanish speaking missions. This is in my top three favorite Hymns because it is a beautiful song with such a strong meaning behind it.

D&C 25:10 – “And verily I say unto thee that thou shalt lay aside the things of this world, and seek for the things of a better.”

Misionera Amor!
Siempre Una Aventura
Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment